Quick Assist Loans
Get the urgent funds you need today
When you need money fast, you may qualify for emergency financial assistance through an interest-free loan. Use it for basic living expenses, temporary needs, and family emergencies. There’s no application fee and no appointment needed. You can get up to $500 in minutes. Get the money you need quickly so you can get back to your responsibilities.
Qualifying for a loan
To get a Quick Assist Loan, you must:
- Be an active duty Sailor or Marine
- Have enough time left on your contract to repay the loan
- Have no outstanding Society loans
- Have no disciplinary actions in the past six months (or pending) that impact your pay or rank
Applying for a loan
To request a QAL:
- Complete an application form (PDF). Print and complete it now, or fill one out at the office.
- Visit your nearest Society office.
- Bring your active duty ID card and your most recent Leave and Earnings Statement (LES).
- Walk out with a check if your application is approved.
You can apply for additional loans and assistance from the Society in the future. If you have repeated requests for Quick Assist Loans, we may ask you to meet with a caseworker to help you develop a plan for financial stability.
Learn more about meeting with a caseworker for financial assistance and counseling.